Model Tipo B Plate Processing
- Handles plates up to 8 ft. in width and 4″ in thickness.
- 110 ton of punch power.
- Up to 14 different punch tools available.
- 4″ diameter maximum hole size.
- High performance spindles with a ball screw feed and fixed spindle design to fully utilize carbide tools for drilling rates up to 60 inches per minute.
- Spindle speeds up to 3,000 RPM is provided with a 25 HP drive.
- Oxy-fuel and plasma cutting systems.
- Guaranteed accuracy with rack and pinion positioning and measuring systems on stock material regardless of the edge condition of the stock plate.
- The dual carriage system eliminates the potential of horizontal clamps collapsing the skeleton.
- Irregular stock plates or drops can be returned to stock and later utilized without having to make a square cut to start the CNC process.
- The dual carriage system permits virtually the entire stock length to be used to minimize scrap.
- Guaranteed accuracy regardless of rust and mill scale.
- Guaranteed accuracy on large and small parts
- Maximum accuracy is assured regardless of where they are nested in the stock plate
The Ficep drill spindle design features a ball screw feed that is consistent with today’s machining center designs.
This design permits the tool to advance through the material at a uniform feed rate that is coordinated and maintained by the CNC control.
Eliminates the tendency for the drill bit to rapidly accelerate and actually punch through the material upon break through.
This is the same system that is used in all CNC machining centers today to achieve maximum metal removal and to be able to fully utilize today’s high performance insert tooling to its maximum efficiency.
The spindle speed range of the Ficep drilling spindle is also designed to accommodate the RPM (up to 3,000 RPM) requirement of today’s high performance insert tools.
The entire drill head and spindle are advanced to the material as a single unit rather than just extending the spindle while the gearbox remains stationary to eliminate spindle wobble.
Internal and external coolant selected by program command.
Full spindle speed range available for all tool positions.
Drill Tool Changer
Six different tool positions available for each spindle.
Automatic tool length calibration accomplished with an integrated laser measuring system.
Punch Tool Changer
The Tipo B system features up to fourteen different punch tools.
Maximum holes size of up to 4″.
Punching is always located directly in the middle of the hydraulic punching ram to eliminate any side loading.
Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform
The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through a phone or internet connection.
38 position fully programmable turret marking system
Fully programmable scribing system for part marking and the generation of scribing lines.