Tandem Drill and Robotic Coping System
The drill/coper tandem system has many advantages such as:
- Requires less than half the space of a conventional split system
- Smaller capital investment
- Single operator
- The drill operator no longer waits for the coper operator or vice versa
- Positioning of the coper after the drill eliminates the minimum length finished part that can be off loaded on the exit side of the system.
- One common CNC control and software controls all of the functions of the coper and the drill automatically.
- The robot can be furnished with oxy-fuel and plasma torches with an automatic torch changer to maximize the versatility and productivity
- Full robotic programmable motion for weld prep in both flanges and the web
- Ability to cut the bottom sides of tubes
- Optimized routines copes the trailing end of one section, leading end of the next section and cuts the sections to length in one optimized cycle
- Local serviceability of the PC
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
- The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through an internet connection.
- Full single and compound miter cutting so the flange cuts accurately align with the web miter angle.
- Full integration of drilling, coping, end preparation, cut off and more!!!!